Knuckles

Adventures of a knucklehead mom

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"I'm having a tantrum!"

May 16, 2007

Tonight I worked late and didn't get home till well past Ellie's dinnertime. So I was sitting at the table having my own dinner while she was playing in the living room with a purple ball. Her ball rolled under the coffee table, and she said, "Mommy, can you get my ball?" I told her, "No, you can get it by yourself," and I went on eating.

After a couple of quiet minutes, Ellie called out, "Mommy, I'm having a tantrum!" I turned around, and there she was, lying face-down on the floor. Apparently, she was putting on a lovely but silent performance, and I wasn't paying attention, so she had to point it out to me. I asked her, "Is it a good one?" and she answered, "No, it's a really bad one." Well, it seemed pretty good to me, so I told her that she could carry on and just tell me when she was done.

Needless to say, I finished my dinner in peace and quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home