Knuckles

Adventures of a knucklehead mom

Saturday, April 14, 2007

E-mailing Grandma

April 14, 2007

Back in August 2006, Jason's great-aunt Evelyn and her husband Bill moved away to Nebraska. Ellie has always called them Grandma Evelyn and Grandpa Bill, and when they lived nearby, they came to see her religiously every Friday afternoon. Since their departure we've been out to visit them once, and still talk about them frequently. We're in touch by e-mail on a regular basis, so Ellie is used to hearing me talk about e-mailing grandma.

Tonight, when Ellie was finishing up her dinner, she began to pretend that she was typing. She told me, "I checking e-mail. I e-mail Grandma Evelyn."

So I asked her, "What are you telling Grandma Evelyn tonight?"

She answered, "I tell her that Daddy's watching '24'." Jason has been renting the DVDs of the past few seasons of the TV series '24', so that's what he's been watching practically non-stop in his spare time. I guess Ellie felt that Grandma should know this!

Then I said, "Is that all?" and Ellie replied, "Yes. Grandma Evelyn is not home yet. She's still in Nebraska."

I think, as a result of our trip to Nebraska, Ellie believes Grandma Evelyn and Grandpa Bill are just vacationing there, since it was a vacation for us. Even now, several months and many explanations later, she still asks me when they are "coming home."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home